OpenRice Malaysia is currently searching for the "Best"! But, what exactly is that?
The Best Food Writer would captivate the readers with his or her thorough, delicious stories, as well as the power to make us drool with great appetite, whereas the Best Food Photographer would make us want to lick and reach for the food in the picture. Well, sort of. And by merging the both of them, you would get some of the best food reviews around. Here is an example of how you can also put together a smashing review approved by OpenRice Malaysia.
P/S: All of the photos and information posted are credited to OpenRice Malaysia.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
You can also win by collecting points! You are entitled to one point for each review without photo, and two points for each review with at least one photo. How does it work?
You can redeem an iPhone 5 and a 2GB iPod Shuffle, or a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a 14.2MP Samsung PL20, if you have collected 1200 points and above.
You can redeem a 16GB iPad Mini with WiFi and a smart cover, or a 10.1" 16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, if you have collected 600 points and above.
You can also redeem a RM20 voucher from Jusco, Parkson, Isetan, Chili's, Sushi Zanmai, or Pinch of Salt Card for all ChasWood Resources Holdings Ltd's restaurants such as T.G.I. Friday's and Bulgogi Brothers Malaysia.
HALL OF BEST OF THE BEST
Click on this link to follow up with the results! Their polls will be constantly updated by OpenRice Malaysia on a monthly basis. As of 10th of July 2013, kellysiew has the lead in Best Food Writer, and nigellow is leading the Best Food Photographer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is quite unlikely that I include all of the terms and conditions that apply to this election. Still, I would like to mention a few that I think they should be noticed:
- OpenRice reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the event without prior notice.
- OpenRice reserves the right to revise details herein without giving prior notice.
- Event runs 12 June 12 – 30 September 2013.
- All contents and photos submitted to OpenRice must be original and not violate any copyright, proprietary, or other governing laws.
- Reviews must detail food (name, taste, texture, color, and etc) besides restaurant's environment and service, which are optional but best to include.
- OpenRice reserves the right to publish or delete reviews. Only reviews approved by OpenRice are considered valid. Details here.
- Each photo submitted can be used only once, and must pertain to the restaurant in a particular review. OpenRice reserves the right to disqualify any photos deemed irrelevant.
- Each month during the contest period, up to five review submissions are allowed for each restaurant listing. You may repeat it the following month for the same listing.
- Entries will be reviewed and judged by OpenRice's internal food critics, who will determine the winners of the Best Food Writer and Best Food Photographer awards.
- Winners will be announced by 05 October 2013, and the decisions will be final.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or any other forms of rewards.
- Prizes are subject to availability. OpenRice reserves the right to replace any of the prizes with other item(s) of equal or similar value in kind without prior notice.
- The last of all reviews must be submitted by 30 September 2013, 11.59 pm (GMT +8).
- Participants who participate with multiple user accounts will be disqualified.
- Participants must submit true personal information. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Your latest score can be found below the avatar on your profile page.
- Winners will be notified via email, at the email address submitted when registering for OpenRice membership.
- Fraud, misconduct, abuse, or non-compliance of a participant to the herein and / or any other requirements communicated by OpenRice to participant may result in disqualification or forfeiture of any points earned.
- OpenRice will not grant winning participants prizes if they are later discovered to be disqualified from receiving prizes.
- In cases of disagreement pertaining to the event, OpenRice's decisions shall be final. Any communication against the decisions will not be entertained.
- In the event that an OpenRicer's account is terminated at any time for any reason, he or she will be disqualified from participating.
- OpenRice must not be held liable for submission delay, information losses, or errors arising from technical issues.
- Employees of OpenRice, including those of its affiliated companies, and their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity are not allowed to participate. OpenRice's partners and contributors are not allowed to join as well.
- Prize redemption form will be emailed to winners from 06 October 2013 onwards.
- All prizes should be redeemed by 15 October 2013, and collected by 08 November 2013. Unclaimed or uncollected prizes will be forfeited. OpenRice will not be held liable for participants' failure to redeem or collect prizes.
- OpenRice reserves the right to request personal identification document(s), such as identification card or driver's license, at the point of prize redemption.
- At their own risks, winning participants can choose to have prizes mailed to the address specified in their member's account or email. However, OpenRice reserves the right to request prizes be collected at its office if necessary.
- OpenRice must not be held liable for any possible damage or loss of prizes once they have been mailed out or collected.
- OpenRice has the right to use winners' names, images, and biographical data for marketing purposes without compensation to said individuals.
- For inquiries, email email@example.com.
Register and start now! What are you waiting for?
OpenRice Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Suite 29.08, Level 29, Wisma UOA II,
21, Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Website: OpenRice Malaysa
Facebook: OpenRice Malaysia