06 October 2017

An Update a.k.a A Warm-up

Hello! Guess who’s back in action after a long hiatus? This time, with much better internet connection, I really hope to be actively blogging like how I previously did.

Life hasn’t been hectic for the past two years. I started my very first permanent job at Layang Layang Guest House in Malacca Melaka since January 2015 and left as 2016 ended. I spent most of my time working and sleeping in the guesthouse (don’t get me wrong; I lived in the guesthouse itself during my employment), and had little gatherings with friends occasionally. Two years of being away from the beloved ones is more than enough. Now, I am back at home with my family and Don the boyfriend, working 9 to 6 from Monday to Friday like any other office ladies.

Anyway, instead of picking up where I left off, this post will just be an update about what I have done since I returned home from Melaka. It’s basically a warm-up!

I have:

Taxi at Koh Lipe, Thailand

Common area of Wave Rest House and Café, Selangor

Travelled together with my ex-Manager, Stephanie, to Koh Lipe in Thailand (it was wonderful albeit the frightening boat journey back to Langkawi Island), Langkawi Island (mainly as a stopover), Penang Island, and Wave Rest House and Café at the countryside in Selangor to end the trip.

Scouts of China (Taiwanese) and Scouts of Malaysia at Baden-Powell House, Kuala Lumpur

Committee members and helpers at Tsung Wah Private Secondary School, Kuala Kangsar, Perak

4D3N Survival Camp at Templer Park, Rawang, Selangor

Cycling with the young scouts at Shah Alam National Botanical Park, Shah Alam, Selangor

108 Years of Scouting in Kuala Lumpur Camporee 2017, Victoria Institution, Kuala Lumpur

Been and am still actively participating in several scout activities with Don and our close friends, Darren and Mandy. I can’t deny the fact that I always love and enjoy outdoor activities. Thanks to my fellow mates, I got to get in touch with a lot of new friends from various places, including a group of wonderful Taiwanese (the Scouts of China).

Blood donation at Pusat Darah Negara Donation Suite, Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

Blood donation at SJKC Choong Wen, Kuala Lumpur
In support of our Seputeh District Scout Blood Donation Campaign 2017

Done something meaningful; donated my blood twice to date and ticked off my wish list! I am always afraid of being poked by needles. Despite having donated twice, the fear does not fade. Not in the least bit. Honestly, my second blood donation was one hell of a painful experience, that I ended up making friends with the gigantic bruise I had on my arm for WEEKS. It’s the will to help those in need that keeps me going. It means I am a healthy person and able to be part of the community to GIVE. And I know I will keep doing it.

Me and Don at Shifen Old Street, Pingxi District, New Taipei City, Taiwan

Our accommodation from Airbnb at Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan

The shopping district of Ximending, Taipei, Taiwan

Travelled to Taipei, Taiwan together with Don, Darren and Mandy in March 2017. I LOVE TAIWAN! Needless to say, almost nothing disappointed me. The people, the culture, the local delicacies, the attractions, etc. are perfect. We were warmly welcomed by our group of Taiwanese friends from the beginning of our trip until we departed from Taiwan, just as they were here in Malaysia to visit us. Spending more than a week in Taipei alone may sound ridiculous but trust me, it isn’t when you travel with the locals. I have not seen the whole of Taipei still, not kidding! I am pretty sure I will return to the beautiful country soon.

Famous Sarawak Laksa at Golden Arch Cafe, Kuching, Sarawak

Sea view at Sematan, Lundu, Sarawak

Visited my dad in Kuching, Sarawak together with my mum and spent days doing nothing at my dad’s house simply because we have no transport to travel around while my dad was away for work. This short getaway was for me to take a break from work, in a small town, and spend some time with the beloved parents. Flying back to Kuala Lumpur from Kuching all alone was a killer though.

Most importantly, I have:

New office with new working environment at Menara Summit, USJ, Selangor

Started my new job at Circlic Interactive Tourism Sdn Bhd since March 2017! It is a start-up company to operate a virtual shop on Fliggy, formerly known as Alitrip, Alibaba’s online travel platform.

Global Day of Discovery by Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

And was lucky enough to have won my very first lucky draw in my life; a 3D2N stay at Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, in a Deluxe River View inclusive of breakfast for two! I can’t decide who brought me such luck, which I am truly and extremely thankful of. This means that Don and I will be travelling to Vietnam soon. Can’t wait for our honeymoon to come!

I guess that’s all for my update a.k.a warm-up. I am really hoping that I can be actively blogging from now on. Just hope that I can keep my passion burning. Stay tuned!



x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your loves over here! They are all much appreciated! :D