Right before my brain shouts for help, it's time for a short break from all the local food places in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, and let's join the election! Wait, just in case you misunderstand the purpose of this blog post, it has absolutely nothing to do with our Malaysian politics. It's about the very first election season organized by OpenRice Malaysia! Before that, here is a brief introduction about OpenRice for your better understanding:
OpenRice (OpenRice.com) is an online dining guide written by local people, with a comprehensive restaurant search engine and a platform for users to write reviews on restaurants they have visited. Founded in Hong Kong in 1999, OpenRice is now the city's most popular site to find dining ideas and share dining experience. Since then, OpenRice has further established its presence in major cities across China, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia.
OpenRice Malaysia currently features more than 40000 dining places from across the country, which they are categorized by cuisine, district, and price range to allow users to quickly and easily find their favorite restaurants. They are constantly adding new dining places to their database, and will be covering other regions in Malaysia in the very near future. You can simply learn more by going through each restaurant's gourmet reviews and photos, and even bookmark your favorite ones. – Copied and edited from OpenRice Malaysia
HOW TO VOTE
It's as easy as ABC! If you haven't yet, register as an OpenRicer (a member of OpenRice) by filling up the form. Once you're done with the registration process, proceed to vote for your favorite restaurants through any one or combinations of the following:
- Most Reviewed Restaurant: write reviews about the restaurants
- Most Photographed Restaurant: submit photo(s) of anything from or about the restaurants
- Most Smileys Restaurant: click the smiley face at the bottom of "Write a Review" page
You will be awarded as well! Each approved review is worth 1 point, while each Editor's Choice review (your review about the restaurant added by you yourself) is worth 3 points. For every 2 points gained, you are entitled to a RM5 voucher from Cold Storage, Parkson, Isetan, Jusco, Carrefour, KFC, T.G.I. Friday's, OLDTOWN White Coffee, Starbucks, or Ben's. For every 600 points gained, you can claim any one of the top 3 prizes, which they are Samsung GALAXY Camera, Samsung GALAXY S3, and Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1. Interesting, no?
Click on this link to follow up with the results! Their polls will be updated every Wednesday. As of 9th of April 2013, Chang Rai Thai Food Restaurant has the lead in all of the polls.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is quite unlikely that I include all of the terms and conditions that apply to this election. Still, I would like to mention a few that I think they should be noticed:
- Event runs 08 March – 31 May 2013.
- All contents and photos submitted to OpenRice must be original and do not violate any copyright, proprietary, or other governing laws.
- Reviews must detail food (name, taste, texture, color, and etc) besides restaurant's environment and service, which are optional but best to include.
- OpenRice reserves the right to publish or delete reviews; only reviews approved by OpenRice are considered valid. Details here.
- Each photo submitted can be used only once, and must pertain to the restaurant in a particular review. OpenRice reserves the right to disqualify any photos deemed irrelevant.
- The last of all reviews must be submitted by 31 May 2013, 11:59 p.m. (GMT +8).
- Participants with multiple user accounts will be disqualified.
- Participants must submit true personal information. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
- Winners will be announced by 05 June 2013, and will be notified via email, at the email address submitted when registering.
- Fraud, misconduct, abuse, or non-compliance of a participant to the herein and/or any other requirements communicated by OpenRice to participants may result in disqualification or forfeiture of any points earned.
- In cases of disputes pertaining to the event, OpenRice's decisions shall be final. Any communication against the decisions will not be entertained.
- In the event that an OpenRicer's account is terminated at any time for any reason, he or she will be disqualified from participating.
- OpenRice must not be held liable for submission delays, information losses, or errors arising from technical issues.
- Employees of OpenRice, including those of its affiliated companies, and their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity are not allowed to participate. OpenRice's partners and contributors are not allowed to join as well.
- All prizes should be redeemed by 02 July 2013; and collected by 01 August 2013. Unclaimed or uncollected prizes will be forfeited; OpenRice will not be held liable for participants' failure to redeem or collect prizes.
- OpenRice reserves the right to request personal identification document(s), such as identification card or driver's license, at the point of prize redemption.
- OpenRice has the right to use winners' names, images, and biographical data for marketing purposes without compensation to said individuals.
- For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register and vote now! What are you waiting for?
P/S: Pictures are taken from OpenRice Malaysia.
OpenRice Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Suite 29.08, Level 29, Wisma UOA II,
21, Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Website: OpenRice Malaysa
Facebook: OpenRice Malaysia